Sunday, April 29, 2012

A Fun Weekend with My Loves!!

Let me begin this post by thanking everyone for your kind words regarding my "accident." It has literally been a pain and I am so ready to be back to my "old" self--but this weekend proved to be a lot of fun even if I am moving at a snail's pace!

The nurse came out to the house and I had physical therapy on Friday, which both the nurse and P.T. said they think that I am doing very well for being a week and a half out from the accident. Friday night, Chris and I had a last minute date night and went to John Mineo's! It was a great way to celebrate Chris's upcoming 33rd birthday (next weekend!) and a hospital-free week.  My mom said that she would keep the kids for us for the night, since we weren't able to go on our Chicago mini-vacay. Hopefully we will get to make the trip up some time in the near future--but for now our dinner together (alone) was very nice and the food was delicious, as always!

Saturday morning, Chris and I got up and went to my orthopedist appointment-which was great. The doc said that he thinks my leg is healing nicely and suggested I go to a plastic surgeon to have her check it out in terms of some of the area that is dented in--yuck, I know! We picked the kiddos up after the appointment and went with my mom to the tux shop for Brady and Chris to get measured for the wedding. Brady was so cute with a little tux jacket on and I can't wait to see him with the real thing on for the wedding on June 9th! I already know that Chris will look great in his-since I've seen him in tuxes many times over the past 11 years! After the tux fitting, Chris, Brady, Aubrey and I went to a few car dealerships to look at (drum roll, please) minivans! :) I know they are a little corny, but I am SUPER excited about getting a minivan!! :) :) We just have to figure out which will be the best fit for our family. Saturday night, we relaxed at home, enjoyed some Chipotle and that was pretty much it--I still have to take it pretty easy, since the pain is still between an eight and nine on the ten point scale :( ! I can't wait for it to get better-the healing process is already taking too long for me!

On Sunday, the "grown ups"...lol...Chris and I, went to church and Brady and Aubrey went to Sunday school and the nursery, respectively. After church, my leg was on fire and Chris dropped Aubrey and I off at home where we snuggled and took a nap together, while the boys went to the grocery store. After our nap, I got snapshot happy and took a ton of pics of Aubrey and Brady, after his nap. Chris spent a chunk of Sunday researching minivans and I took some pics of Aubrey and Chris on the internet. Sunday ended with Chevy's with my Mom (my Dad was in Vegas for my brother's bachelor party this weekend) and watching TV with Chris and Aubrey, after Brady went to bed.







 Tomorrow, I head to my general practitioner to have my follow-up for my leg (advised by hospitalist to follow-up) and then I have physical therapy! This week we are hoping to have a chance to test drive some minivans!! I am looking forward to a week that I hope begins to bring me some relief.


 Bonus: One of the best moments of this weekend happened about an hour ago-we were saying our nightly prayers with our son when he looked up at us and said "God bless you. God bless you, Mommy. God bless you, Daddy." It was absolutely AWESOME!










1 comment:

  1. Can you guess which picture is my favorite of Scoob? ;) You got some cute ones of everyone!

    ReplyDelete